Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A new house

Today's the day. This afternoon we are set to close on our first rental property in Sycamore. It is a cute little 3 bedroom, bath and half ranch, with a full partially finished basement, big garage, and hug lot. As well as huge mess from installing the recent sewer system, a destroyed landscaping project, a dilapidated shed, and a falling down fence.

After much consideration and a little searching, this one kinda fell in our lap and the price was right. I am excited to become new home owners (even if I don't get to live there!) and make some improvements on the house and make it a great place for someone else to live. Because I don't post pics on here (wouldn't want someone to find out who I really am!) I will be sending out before and after pics via email in the next few weeks. I have some ideas that I hope will look fabulous when we have completed them. If you are curious, email me and I will be happy to include you on the list!

We should be finished in the next couple of weeks and hope to find someone by the first of October. I am excited and nervous and anxious and all of those other emotions that go along with signing papers for a 30 year mortgage that I probably can't pay if I don't get someone to rent! We have great ideas on how to be a landlord that everyone loves, and I want the renters to be as proud of the house as they would be if it were there own. It really is a fantastic family house and I would love to see someone with kids who would love the backyard and get to ride the bus to school and play in the fun big basement. And, if my parents decide to move to IN, and they sell the house we live in now, maybe I will live there!

But, in the meantime, anyone looking to rent in Sycamore? :P

No comments: