Monday, August 25, 2008

Lug No Read!

There is a running joke at our house that started because of Levi's Frankenstein-esk speech. Every time he does something brutish, some one gives commentary as "Lug". When he was frustrated with the pages of the book not turning smoothly, and threw the book to floor, Brandon commented "Lug No Read!" A mouth full of food generally get the response "Lug eat good."

My baby Lug was proving quite the brute this morning. We have been struggling with him taking off his diaper when ever he can get to it. He is a pro at getting off all clothing (belts, buttons, snaps, zippers, and duct tape included!) and his diaper in less that 10 second flat. This is annoying during the day, but a potentially big mess at night! Last night, at the suggestion of my mother, I safety pinned his pajama zipper shut. This, in theory, was supposed to stop him from being able to get out of the pajamas.

Not Lug! He simply tore a hole in the top of the pajamas and broke the zipper. He managed to squirm out of the mangled pj's and woke up in the buff this morning. With little choice other than admitting defeat, I smiled and giggled "Lug No Diaper". Better luck tonight, I suppose!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kel....he is just innovative! I am home with a sick kiddo today and decided to catch up on my Kelly reading. I have been very bad, but now I will keep up to date. I love you and love hearing about your little crew! Miss you like crazy!