Monday, August 18, 2008

Two more days!

My baby starts school in two more days! I didn't think I would be so sick to my stomach. I know he will be just fine, but I don't think Mommy will be!

He is very excited, but I am not so sure he really believes me yet. We go to his school tonight to meet his teacher and practice getting on and off a bus, and learn about the new rules for kindergarten. I keep telling myself that I have spent the last five years (almost 6!) preparing him to go out on his own, even if it is only for half day kindergarten. He is outgoing, respectful, articulate, and confident. Every time I think about him getting on that bus, though, I just flash on all the potentially heartbreaking things little kids go through. I can't protect him from them, I can only teach him to learn from them, but OH MY GOSH!

I am sure I will be blogging Wednesday morning, that is if I can see through my tears, after he gets on the bus for his first day. Wish me luck!

No comments: