Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thomas the Tank Engine

So, today, for probably the millionth time in my life, I am watching "Thomas and the Magic Railroad". This was one of Mason's favorite movies when he was Levi's age. We watched it a minimum of 3 times a day, and I am not exaggerating.

Recently, Levi was perusing the DVD shelf, picking out movies to "watch, press play" He picked out Thomas and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I can quote the movie, and it isn't exactly Oscar worthy. Not one of Alec Baldwin's shining moments (that's a Shining Time Station pun for all you other mommys of little boys :) ) I reluctantly put the DVD in, and much to Levi's amusement pressed play.

He sat completely mesmerized for the ENTIRE movie. Levi doesn't sit still for more than 30 seconds for anything, much less a full length feature film. So, with the baby sleeping, the big kids banished to their rooms until they are clean and nothing is stuffed under the bed (could be weeks!), I have stolen away a few minutes to check my email and blog. Thank you Thomas!

No comments: