Wednesday, September 17, 2008

An explaination, not an appology.

Within minutes of posting my last blog, it was brought to my attention that it may be offensive to some of my faithful readers (friends, family). Please note that this was NOT AT ALL my intention.

I am so aggravated at the lack of information and options given to women of our generation and the generations before and after us. If no one questions the direction of our society, and we blindly traverse forward, how can we ever expect change to happen?

This was NOT intended to reflect my opinions about anyone that I know personally. I know that each of you who have been faced with any of the various circumstances I portrayed in the last post made the decision that was best for you at the time, with the information you had been presented with. You all have beautiful children and I am proud of you for bringing them into the world.

As intelligent, educated people, we need to look out for our daughters and our granddaughters and provide them with the best possible scenarios in life.

Please put aside any angry feelings you have about what I wrote and take it at face value. If your opinions are different then mine, I respect them. If your choices are different from mine, I honor them. That is what our boys are fighting for, right?

Hopefully this goes a little towards making clear my point, as I have chosen not to delete the last post. Or, quite possibly, I have dug my hole deeper?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree!