Sunday, May 18, 2008

Youth being wasted...

You know that phrase "youth is wasted on the young"? Does it no longer mean you are young if you agree with it?

Many of my younger cousins and some of my friends' kids are entering the part of life where you set forth the road work for the rest of your life (school, marriage, kids, etc). Having successfully accomplished many of those milestones myself, I thought some of my life advice would be taken into consideration. However, that is sooo not the case.

Apparently, I have no idea what I am talking about and there is absolutely no way I feel the same way about my boyfriend/school/parents/choices as they do. Was I this stubborn? Did I really shun all of the valuable lessons that could have been simply passed onto me instead of having to learn them the hard way myself?

If that is the case and some of you are reading this and laughing outloud, I am incredibly sorry, and you are welcome to kick me square in the pants the next time you see me (except for you Michelle, because you'll actually kick me, and it will hurt). How do I pass on what I know? Should I? Do I? Or, are some things just destined to be learned on their own over and over?

No comments: