Thursday, June 5, 2008

More MisAdventures in Parenting

First... Congratulations to my cousin Shannon on the birth of her second baby girl! (and consequently, good friggin luck raising girls! Better you than me)

So it's been awhile since I shared with you all of what is going on in our life, but that is just because sooo much is going on.

Charlotte was sick the week before Memorial Day. She ran a REALLY high fever, 103+ for more than a week. It was scary and frustrating and draining. But, happily, after a combo of antibiotics and a few trips to the chiropractor, losing a large portion of her body weight, she is good as new. Now, as long as I don't kill her, it will be great. Last night she we had a slight tiff before she went off to bed. It ended in me telling her to go to bed, right now, no questions asked. About an hour later, I felt pretty guilty for yelling at her at bed time and I went into tuck her in and kiss her on the forehead. Surely she would be asleep by now. HAHAHA

She was laying in bed surrounded by shreds of paper. I was a little confused, and then she pointed at the ridiculously expensive Tinkerbell border on her wall. She had been tearing tiny little pieces off of the border for the last hour. But, she only got the first layer of the border, so there is still white paper backing attached to the wall. Normally, I would have just been angry, because I am getting better at accepting that stuff is just stuff and if it gets broken we live with out it. However....our house is on the market and now I have to replace the border. It is hard to dish out the consequence of "now you have to sleep in an ugly room" if I have to fix it before the next showing!

She is currently still sleeping (tearing border at 10 pm must be hard work) and I haven't decided what punishment is appropriate, so any and all suggestions would be gladly accepted and considered. And, thank you to Janelle for offering to bail me out if I kill her!

The rest of the kids haven't been quite as exciting this week. Levi is becoming more and more my brother every day and that is just so much fun I can hardly stand it! (how do you accurately write sarcasm within the text?) He sings constantly, which is fairly amusing because he doesn't say too much that is really intelligible. He also has started "bonking" when he is tired. Those of you who know my brother have been blessed by that experience before. It won't be long before I have to take apart the bunk beds to save Mason's sanity!

If we don't sell the house soon we are going to have to do some minor room moving and remodeling. Garrett is starting to wiggle an awful lot in his cradle and he will soon need to move to the crib. That means another bed in the boys room which currently will not fit. We have to swap the boys to the bigger room. Brandon is so looking forward to moving all of our furniture again!

Well, I have more to say, but Levi is currently arguing with the dog about eating his oatmeal, so I have to go re-explain why we only eat our breakfast at the kitchen table. Look for more posts later on today!

No comments: