Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Rough day and such

So, I had a bad day. Those of you I talked to today know all the crabby pants little details. I have decided that I quit adult hood. I just want to sit around and hang out with my kids, play games, and eat ice cream. Can I do that?

Other than being a kinda yucky day, the rest of life is going well, I suppose.

On the potty front; Charlotte is making big strides in the pants peeing arena. Mason has stopped wetting the bed completely (almost three months now with NO ACCIDENTS WOOHOO!!). Levi is looking like he won't be too hard to potty train, except when Gramma feeds him cherries, pits and all! He goes and hides to go poop, and then come out sticks his butt up to me and says "POOPY!" Not very impressive to those of you who don't have kids, but super exciting to you fellow mommies. Garrett was having a rough time with the number 2 this week, but, boy o' boy, did he fix that this afternoon! Did this topic just go into TMI?

I got my arm tattoo refilled today. Some of the black didn't initially heal right and then I got pregnant, so it couldn't be fixed right away. It really really hurt, but it is really really black now, so the pay off is worth it. I also made the appointment to have Garrett added on to my leg with the rest of the kids. It is funny how excited I am about going to get poked with needles!

After months of fighting the carpet store, they are going to replace my carpeting in the living room and front room. The seam that I asked them to relocate before they installed the carpet (which of course they didn't) is splitting apart and ruining the carpet. Lots and lots of reminding them that I am a paying customer and this is my house has resulted in them no longer trying to figure out how to repair the carpet that exists, and just replace it all together. Uncle Bill says "the apple doesn't fall from the tree", so I guess I am turning into my mother whether I want to or not!

Selling the house is kinda a bummer. We haven't had much activity and with the current state of the economy, I don't know if we will. I know that there is a plan for me, I am just too much of a control freak to sit back and let it happen! Other than the fact that I have to figure out how to make some money in order to stay here, I really do like my house and where I live. I could do without the traffic that has all of a sudden popped up on RT 38, but who's complaining?

This particular blog is starting to seem self serving, so I will probably quit while I am ahead. I feel good blabbing about what is going on in life, even if I didn't write it too eloquently. At least I can't be accused of making anyone cry with this one!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh How I remember those days! They end way to fast though. I truly look forward to reading your blogs when they are all teenagers!!!lol Take care and enjoy them while you can!