Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tell them you love them

So, I awoke this morning to the sound of my dog drinking out of the toilet. Yummy. But, he only does this when he either has no water or one of the kids has filled his water dish with food, turning them into giant bloated blobs of goo. Why am I the ONLY one who can remember to give him food or water?
As I walked downstairs to refill his bowl (which was full of bloated food), he stepped on my foot which I burned with cooking oil two nights before. It hurt like hell, and apparently I said something to that effect outloud, because Levi has been saying "Son of a Bitch that hurt" all morning long.
I poured the kids some cereal, including a bowl with no milk for Mason's new imaginary friend who only eats the marshmallows out of Lucky Charms, and went upstairs to take a much needed shower. I stepped on the scale, why? I don't know, because all it did was mock me. More than 10 weeks later I am far from my pre-pregnancy glory. UGH!
I got in the shower to realize someone had used mommy's $8 a bottle shower gel as bubbles, because it was all gone. When I got out of the shower, I picked up the now awake and screaming baby off the bed, and he puked all over the front of me. So much for taking a shower. Now I have to wash my robe, as well.
I got dressed in an outfit of clothes that doesn't really fit and reached for the deoderant which was completely covered in a purple sticky substance (God I hope it is jelly). Before I could brush my hair, I realized the baby was screaming downstairs. Charlotte was attempting to comfort him ~ but from my view it looked a lot like smothering.
I got a cup of coffee, which was cold, and went to check my email.

Sitting on my computer desk was a fist full of wilted dandelions and picture Charlotte drew me in yellow highlighter marker. She was standing behind me just looking to see how I would react. I think she was afraid I was going to yell at her for using the "pretty yellow marker." Then she told me she put them on the computer keyboard because that is where I go with my coffee in the morning. Through my tears, I managed to log onto my home page. My horoscope read:

Scorpio
October 23 - November 21

Give your loved ones the attention they need today, dear Scorpio. Don't let another day go by without telling them that you love them. Life is short, and getting shorter with each passing day. Feel free to be confrontational about a serious issue that needs to be addressed. You are responsible for your own feelings. Do not play the role of the victim. You will only experience more pain and resentment later on.

Ok, you win! Have a great day everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I know that horoscope was for Scorpios, and I know in general I don't read horoscopes, but man... that one punched me right in the chest.