Thursday, March 26, 2009

Down for the count

Last Thursday for the first time ever I had to call my daycare parents and ask them to come and pick up their kids.  I had a fever, chills, the shakes, a runny nose, a headache, I was a total mess.  Brandon had to come home from work to take care of our kids and I was pretty much MIA for the remainder of the weekend.  We tried to get some stuff done, but halfway through our Saturday morning WalMart trip, I was certain I was going to die, and we had to go home.

The kids and I took turns sounding like we were going to cough up a lung, and we all pretty much slept for most of the weekend.  Surprisingly, Monday morning I felt like a new person!  A little bit of a cough remained, but I really felt much better.  

Having to clean up the mess that was made while I was hiding in my room knocking in death's door has made me quite grateful for my health in more ways than one.  I was amazed at the sheer amount of dishes and laundry that can accumulate in only a few days.  Brandon did a good job making sure that all the kids were still breathing at the end of the weekend, but his contribution pretty much stopped there.  Daddys just aren't equipped with the ability to multi task!

Now that we are recovered, we are looking forward to spring break (sort of) and have a couple fun things planned.  Hopefully our trip to Sapora next week will leave me with some amusing stories to share.  I suppose anything must be better than reading about my excuses for not writing anything important for a month!

No comments: