Monday, November 3, 2008

This weekend

What an absolutely FANTASTIC Halloween weekend. I could not have asked for better weather (I probably could have asked, but would I have really gotten anything better?) Even though I made the kids costumes to fit over winter clothing, we were able to trick or treat for 2 hours, coat free! We had a great time in the neighborhood in town and Mason even saw a few friends that he knew. One little boy did ask if he could come trick or treat at our house, and Mason had a little bit of a hard time telling him why he couldn't come to ours. It was cute listening to him trying to rationalize to another 5 year old that our house was in the country, with a really long driveway, and also that we didn't have the light on in front of our garage, so he shouldn't knock on our door. (At least that means he was listening to the rules for Trick or Treating!)

I got a couple of pretty cute pictures of all of the kids in their costumes. I was a little bummed that this year the kids were big enough to pick their own costumes instead of being willing to let mommy pick a theme and make them all coordinate. They looked cute anyway, and they truly show their personalities.

We took some out of town friends trick or treating with us, and when we were done walking, we headed back to our house for pizza. The kids all had a great time completely destroying the play room. Garrett enjoyed eating almost half of a cheese pizza by himself (yes, we are talking about my 7 month old child!) I thought the other mom was going to fall off her chair!

Saturday night we had a bonfire to celebrate the end of fall. The weather was perfect, the fire was warm, and the kids again were thrilled to get to roast their own marshmallows! One little snafu on Saturday was noteworthy. I had run into my parents house to grab some more crackers. When I opened the people door to the garage, one of the cats darted past me. Then, a large bouncy animal went under the car. The bouncy animal happened to be our pet rabbit, Bob. No, Bob is not a free-range bunny. He lives in a cage outside my parents back door. He was NOT supposed to be wandering around the garage. It took Madelin and I almost 15 minutes of chasing him around the garage before we finally were able to catch him.

It seems that one of the cats had pushed hard enough on the bottom of Bob's cage to slid it open. Then, probably in an attempt to escape being eating and fully not realizing that he is as big if not bigger than the cats, Bob jumped free. I have no idea how long he was hopping around the garage waiting to be saved. I just thank heavens that we didn't open the large garage door before realizing he was out! It was have been nearly impossible to catch him outside, in the dark!

That was pretty much all the exciting stuff that happened this weekend. I am very excited that I may be heading to Florida during Thanksgiving break to spend some time with my Nana. I am sure that 24 hours in the car in each direction will leave me with some fun stories to post!

No comments: