Wednesday, January 14, 2009

One night

A few nights back, I had the grand idea that I would go to bed early. I got all the kids bathed and in bed by 8:30. I made the morning coffee, tidied up the downstairs, set my alarm for 5:30am, and brushed my teeth. In bed, ready to sleep by 9:15.

9:30-Mason wants water
10:25-Charlotte gets up to go to the bathroom (in my room)
11:15-baby wakes up screaming. I start to walk to his room, killing about 12 army guys with my bare feet.
12 midnight--I stumble back to my own bed, taking out the remainder of the maimed army platoon, again with my bare feet.
1:30-I wake to the smell of coffee. Apparently I hit the wrong button on the coffee machine, causing it to make coffee in the middle of the night instead of 5am. I go downstairs and remake the coffee.
2:50-Mason says he had a bad dream, can he sleep with me.
2:55, 3:00, 3:02, 3:05, 3:08, 3:11--I get kicked in the back, head, and stomach multiple times by a sound asleep 6 year old in my bed.
3:15- I tell Mason he has to sleep in his own bed. He begs me to walk with him because it is dark. I remember the hallway full of army guys, and put my slippers on. Slippers are full of Lincoln Logs. I swear out loud, waking up the Levi.
3:16-Get Mason in bed only to have to lay down with Levi in a toddler bed.
3:45-Think Levi is asleep and start to head back to my room. Levi screams and wants me to refill his humidifier. I walk back to the bathroom, refill tank, get it situated, and crawl into bed.
4:00- Brandon's alarm goes off. He hits snooze.
4:09, 4:18, 4:27-Brandon hits snooze.
4:36-Alarm goes off again, I kick Brandon in the back and tell him he better get up before I kill him.
5:30-my alarm goes off, I can't reach the snooze button, so I reluctantly get up and start the shower.
5:45-I go downstairs, pour a cup of coffee and realize I forgot to add new grounds when I remade the pot last night, so I pretty much have a cup of dirty water.
6:00 I sit down at computer, exhausted, hoping to steal a minute to check my email. Mason comes downstairs, carrying Garrett, saying he was up and crying. I get everyone ready for the day, continually telling myself I will miss this when I am older.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious !!!