Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The pin cushion

Last night I was putting together the pieces for Charlotte's Kim Possible Cheerleader costume. I am making a box pleat cheerleader skirt from scratch, so I'll let y'all know how that turns out! But there was a lot of pinning and cutting going on last night, and I kinda went to be with out putting it all away.

My little ninja got up this morning and headed down stairs while I was getting clothes for Mason. Before I made it down stairs (less than a full minute!) he had taken out all of the remaining straight pins from the cushion and placed them in the fabric on the table. Luckily most of them were on the scrap pieces, so I don't have to decipher which ones I put in and which ones are his handy work. I couldn't exactly be mad, I left the stuff out. And, he did put them in the right way as opposed to just sticking them in the couch!

It was pretty cute when I came downstairs and he told me he was 'whoahing like you!!' I gathered up the pins, and explained although it is great to help mommy, little boys shouldn't really play with pointy pins. He shook his head yes, but he is still eying them on the counter! Lets just hope he stays away from the sewing machine until he is at least old enough to thread it on his own.

No comments: